Saturday 7 June 2014

The Possession of La Sue Joy

The Possession of La Sue Joy

It started with a burning fever,
Deep within the recesses of my soul...
What began as a flame turned to fire
Scarlet and hot like a scourging fireball.

Spreading like a cancer that cell by cell...
Destroyed every fibre of my being
Till nothing was left but a hollow shell;
This thing devoured my soul; I’m bleeding!

My throat is parched like a drought
I reach to satisfy and quench my thirst
But my glass lies half empty; without a doubt
Someone has drunk from my cup first.

I look in the mirror and see a monster
Staring back at me with bulging eyes so mean;
I see a girl that I once knew and roar with anger
Why did she steal my crown, this beauty queen?

Now I am left rotting like a cadaver
Lying half naked in the streets of envy and desire!

  © Mary Aris. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment